From:
Rhonda Jared <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:39:30 -0500

Hi,

I just got back test results from Enterolab.  I have two copies of the
gene for gluten sensitivity (HLA-DQ8).  Have always had enormous problems
when I ingest even very small amounts of gluten.   (Blood screens came back
negative because I researched and had taken myself off gluten before seeing
Dr.)  Jill T. posted a similar question recently that I just saw in the
archives.

  (I had to go off the listserve for a few weeks, so didn't get to see the
answers.)

Someone else wrote in that HLA-DQ2 is the principal Celiac gene.
Can anyone verify that, or otherwise enlighten me? I'd like to not have to
worry about Celiac, just stay gluten-free for life.

Thanks so much.       Rhonda