From:
"Stephen A. Rider" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 17:36:20 -0700

Hello fellow listmembers!

Recently I posted to the list, identifying myself as both
a vegan and celiac and seeking information on airline
travel and restaurants in Amsterdam, Netherlands.

I received two replies, one on each subject, summarized below.
----
* Harriet suggested two restaurants in Amsterdam:

GOLDEN TEMPLE
Utrechtstraat 126
tel 626-8560
vegetarian restaurant open only for dinner
My husband & daughter eat eggs and other dairy products so you better
check first.

SARANG MAS
Damrak 44
Indonesian restaurant with plenty of spicy vegetarian items and
excellent rijkstaffel.
It's located near the Central Train Station on a busy and unpleasant
looking street but once you get inside it's lovely and serene.
--
*Bonnie suggested the same idea as my travel agent did for airline meals
 for a vegan celiac:

Your best bet for vegan/GF meals on most airlines is to request a fruit
plate which usually contains an assortment of fresh fruits and vegatables.
Most airlines offer it and it is usually the safest meal.  Sometimes it is
served with a roll or some type of bread which will not be gluten free so
bring your own.
--

------
My trip is in October, I'll post to the list again with my experiences

--
Stephen A. Rider
Author, Poet, Satirist, Geek