From:
Mona's Gluten Free <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 20:39:09 -0500

Hello Listmates,

  I was employed for several years in the food/wine industry (many of them,
living Gluten Free) and was shocked at some of the comments posted recently
about Gluten used in wine making.  If anyone could forward me the names of
the wineries who gave information to them confirming the use of glutinous
substances in their wine making, I would be very grateful.  I would like to
have someone explain this to me first hand.

  I fully understand that 'wine coolers' and 'ciders' are known to have
such ingredients, but it certainly is news (terrible news at that) to me
that wine makers carry on such practices.  I will certainly post a follow
up to any information I access.

  Thank you,

  Lisa in Victoria