Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 00:21:18 -0700

A Question to the List:
My GI called me today requesting that I call a newly diagnosed patient
with celiac disease. Since I joined a support group, he thought it would
be helpful if I spoke with her about the diet and give her a little
"support".

My question here is:
The patient has a different type of sprue called Collegenous Sprue. Has
anyone been diagnosed with this type of sprue? And has the GF diet helped
you? I also read that the liver is involved with this type of sprue.
According to my info from my support group papers, it claims that the GF
diet does not help much and that some doctors have given Predisone for
this disease. If anyone has any info on this, please email me personally.

Thanks in advance.
Cindy in NJ