From:
Barbara Hicks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 17:43:12 -0600

Hi Listmates,

In a phone call to Wylers (888-337-2420) regarding their boullion --
both granules and cubes, both chicken and beef -- NONE of them are
gluten free.

I also contacted Orrington Farms (800-852-0283) regarding their chicken
soup base and beef soup base and found that their chicken soup base is
GF, but the beef soup base is not GF.  I had never heard of Orrington
Farms, but they seem to be found in all of our local grocery stores here
in North Central Illinois.

I also called Krogers (800-632-6900) to verify the GF status of their
boullions as previously I had been told that both the beef and chicken
cubes and granulated powder were GF.  This is no longer the case.  I
have an email in to them for the current information as there was some
question with the customer service representative.   I know that the
chicken granulated powder is NOT GF.  It contains wheat gluten as per
the label.

Happy GF eating,

Barbara in Illinois