From:
Deb Clough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:11:00 -0500

Hi Friends. I'm not trying to be funny but I can't help myself.

I am being monitored by my doctor, every 3-4 months with bloodwork (IGG,
IGA and anti endomysial. He diagnosed me 9 months ago by bloodwork (anti
endomysial was 123) and then confirmed by biopsy. So, first bloodtest after
the big diagnosis, I had dropped from 123 to 55. Yeah! But still had a way
to go, being told that "under 20 is normal." SO, just had second bloodtest,
anti endomysial is only 44.5. So what's going on?! With the exception of
licking the seal of aprox. 50 envelopes at Christmas time (I forgot, I did
not cheat intentionally. Heck, if I had known how sick I was going to get,
I would have at least had a pizza or something good.  : )) I have been
following what I believe to be a 100% gluten free diet. I take Freeda
vitamins, am vegetarian and apart from Corn Pops and Fruity Pebbles, most
everything is labeled gluten free and purchased from the internet's gf
sites.

Now my doctor laughed when I told him about licking envelopes...and I, like
anyone, can enjoy a good laugh, but seriously, could that be why my number
is still high? I would have thought that by now (end of March), that the
gluten from them would be out of my system? How long does it take, how much
of an effect would it have had? Does anyone have any insight? Grateful for
your comments, as always.

Deb