From:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jupiter Dog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2003 15:30:31 -0800

Thanks to everyone. I'm already starting to feel alot better! Under the
weather but nothing like the other day.

go to delphiforums.com  type in celiac disease.  The
online support group is there.  The start up page has
a recently updated list of Rx and OTC medications.

__________________

Alacier Emergen-C packets work wonders......just pop a box of those puppies
and you'll be good to go. I use the ones with MSM< as they are sugar free
and great for allergies too.
Hot lemonade is great also, and you can put the vitamin C crystals right in
it.
Also, Olive leaf extract or oil of oregano (which is potent...watch out!)
Garlic is a good stand by also. I use Garlinaise 4000 because it's enteric
coated so no tummy troubles or odor.

__________________

glutenfreedrugs.com
________________

I have found that Robitussin is great. Any liquid remedies, I go for the "no
alcohol added" types, as alcohol is grain.
And I use Vicks nasal spray for colds and Nasalcrom for my allergies.
I stay away from gelcaps and try to stay with caplets only. Don't know
what's in the gelcaps or capsules...
_______________

The only thing i use for a cold is "afrin" nasal spray.
______________

I highly recommend Coldcalm which is a homeopathic medicine made by the
Boiron company.  It can be bought in most health food stores, and is
inexpensive.  It is non-drowsy, has no drug interactions, is gluten free and
temporarily relieves symptoms of sneezing, runny nose, nasal congestion and
minor sore throat.  Whenever I get a cold, I begin taking Coldcalm right
away and I feel much better, even though the cold is still there.  For me,
it shortens the duration of a cold, as well.
________________

Afrin and Sudafed are GF.
_____________________

the best all time cold remedy ever is "Zicam" - its a nasal gel that you let
soak into your rino area and then slowly drip down your throat.  I have
kicked every cold indicating tickle since I started using it
__________________

Nature Made makes a GF throat lozenge - says it on the box.
__________________

alka-seltzer
_________________

Your throat, coughing etc is caused by a post nasa; drip.  You need the
following...saline nasal spray, sea salt, spring water and some hard candy
or cough
drop

Don't use a decongestant...just prolongs the agony.....there is a way to use
saline
spray that most people do not know about.
First...spray in each nostil in succession 3x [total of 9x] and then blow.
Repeat
3x....by this time, things should start to get moving/
Then gargle with a mixture of 1/2 teas sea salt to 8 oz spring water. [just
pour
salt into bottled water and keep on hand.

REPEAT EVERY 15 MIN FOR 2 HOURS, THEN ONCE AN HOUR FOR REST OF DAY. Next
day.
repeat spraying and gargling every hour as needed.  In between, keep
something in
mouth so as to direct phlegm down to stomach instead of letting it drip into
lungs
and give you bronchitis [or worse]...Guarantee you will feel better by next
day.

Homeopathic remedies are gf and work.....three work on colds or nasal
situtations,
whatever the cause.
1. Arsenicum Alb 30C.....if your nose is stuffed
2. Allium Cepa 30c if nose is running and discharge is clear
3. Pulsatilla 30c if discharge is yellow/greem

Take 2 pills every two hours 20min before or 1 hr after eaching...do not
take with
food....and forgo coffee, mints of any kind.  Put pills under tongue and let
dissolve....stop taking when you start to feel bettter.....They work...I've
been
doing homeopathy for over 30 years.