From:
"T.M. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T.M. Jones
Date:
Mon, 20 Apr 2009 17:48:10 -0400

We have not gone on vacation yet but I wanted to share the info that I found
and others on this list shared with me.

www.sarasotamanateeceliacs.com is the local support group there and they
maintain a safe restaurant list on their website. Both Richard's and Whole
Foods offer a good selection of gf foods.

Several people raved about Vertori's Pizza in Bradenton, a short drive north of
Sarasota. Their gf menu is incredible! One person drove from Orlando just to
eat at Vertori's and thought it was worth the trip!

Columbia Restaurant now has a gluten free menu and the options are very
extensive. Two people on this list said they went there and enjoyed it. I used
to love Columbia when I ate gluten so this is exciting that I can go back!

Many of you raved about the Island GF Bakery on Siesta Key and all agreed
we shoud skip the pizza there. The muffins, breads, hamburger buns, pies and
cakes got great reviews. We can walk to this bakery from our hotel and have
a full kitchen so we'll get to have fresh muffins (or toast) and dessert every
day. No thawing required!

There is a gluten free, dairy free, vegan and raw restaurant (Vibe Cuisine) in
Sarasota but that's not my cup of tea. However, their black and white
brownie got a rave review from a glutenoid Sarasota Sentinel food critic so
we're going to stop by just for dessert.

There are more great, inspired dining options (read: not boring chains) than
we can visit during our vacation. It seems that this area of FL is quite a bit
more advanced than many places in FL - than I've visited anyway.

Thanks to all who replied to my query and if anyone has anything else to add,
please do so.

Tiffany

www.gladtobeglutenfree.blogspot.com