Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:45:24 -0700

I got the results of my bone density check today and it was dismal, this was
my 4th scan in the last 8 years and each one worse then the last. There was
significant loss the past 2 years and there now recommending I have yearly
scans until my bone loss is stabilized. I've been feeling really run down
for months now as well. My GI does not want to do another scope as I become
violent under couscous sedation (I don't remember a thing but they said I
became "extremely combative" and had to end the procedure early) and they
didn't get a chance to biopsy the intestines, just got a quick look and said
it looked fine (yes I know..) I've been GF for 7 years and I'm positive
there is no gluten in my diet although I'm going to get labs done since I
haven't in a couple of years and see if they come up positive. Who do I need
to see about refractory sprue? I was symptomatic for 24 years before finding
out I had celiac (I'm 31 now and showed symptoms from infancy which is
common in my family for some reason (multiple members with celiac)) that's
the only thing I can think of for continued malaborption. I'm already on
pancrease digestive enzymes and have been for over a year for pancreatic
insufficiency and there working well based on labs (kept having dangerously
low mag/potassium/serum calcium levels which resolved when I started the
enzymes). Any thoughts about who to see or what's going on with me? I see my
primary Dr Friday and would like to have some questions ready.

Thanks!

Heather