Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:39:21 -0800

Following are the replies I received about pasta makers.  Thank you,
all.  If any of you know where to purchase the Pasta Express please let
me know.  The others are either common enough locally or included a
supplier, (but a local source for those would still be helpful.)

Karen

1.The best in the business is made by ATLAS which is stainless steeel,
easy to clean and comes in motorized and non=motorized versions. They
are available in almost all gourmet stores and if by chance you cannot
find one, give Willlians=Sonoma a call. at their 800 number. Atlas is
worth every penny paid and your grandchildren will thank you

2.Many support group members have recommended the Pasta Express.

3.On pasta makers...i have been warned (by italians) to avoid any of the
injection form machines...(pasta etc) they feel that the simple rolling
mills and cutters work best over the long run......! The best machine
I've found yet ....was out of an Italian grocery! Only cost $40 and
works like a charm!

4.If you have a Kitchen aid mixer ( and you should if you
make GF bread or  pastries)  you get get a set of pasta maker attachments
for it that are quite good.

5.If you have a Kitchenmaid mixer, they make a grinder attachment that
may or may not come with blades for pasta as well. I have seen it
packaged both ways. I have not tried the pasta blades, but I was very
impressed with the way the grinder works.

6.Yes I have a popeil Pasta Maker. This is advertised on TV. I have made
pasta twice and it is great. In Bette Hagman's book The Gluten-free
Gourmet Cooks Fast and Healthy had a recipe for pasta makers. It makes a
lot of pasta and I think this is a good thing. This has a sausage
attachment as well as does cookies, bagels, meatballs. I am pleased with
how easy it is to clean. It all comes apart easily and is made of very
heavy plastic...This is a Ronco Product and can be found on their web
site.. www.ronco.com. Hope this helps you. I haven't had the time to
experiment with other flours but the one recipe work well.

Feb. 18-24
Visit my web site at:
www.NestEntertainment.com/KLSmith
and teach your child personal safety with Yello Dyno-
our child safety hero
(30% off of the Yello Dyno cassette power pack!)

And don't forget to enter the drawing for an animated
cel!