From:
Brian & Tami Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:39:03 -0700

Hey everyone!

You know how hard I've been trying to get this gf bread to turn out.
Well, after doing some more research on here, via the list and the
online support group....I found two interesting tips:

tip#1:  After your bread is done with the kneading cycle (bread machine,
of course) dig through that gooey dough and take out the mixer blade.
That way, there is just one continuous rising cycle without any
stir-downs!

tip#2:    Buy yeast that has ascorbic acid added to it.

Anyhow, I followed the above tips and my bread turned out like real
bread.  It's still on the small side, I think.  But when I first add the
ingredients they only come to the top of the mixing blade as it
is.....so, I think I just use a smaller recipe.  For the yeast, I found
that Fleischmann's RapidRise Yeast (in the packets) state that they are
gluten-free and the ingredients are yeast and ascorbic acid.  The recipe
that I tried (the one I had failed at last time) already calls for
Vitamin C crystals as well.  Plus, interestingly, it uses Guar Gum
instead of Xanthan Gum.  ALSO, after reading tips from you all.....I've
sort of been realizing what consistency the dough should be.  This
recipe only calls for 3/4 cup water....but I had to slowly add more as
it was kneading.

Maybe these tips will help some of you!

Lots of luck to us all!  ha ha
Tami