From:
Dave Leyland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:29:10 -0500

Dear Listmates,
When I last wrote my wife was having joints pains, and many of you sent in
suggestions as to teh cause.  Well we found the cause was streptoccus
infection in the joint tissues.  It probably carried over from a root canel
infection she had several months ago.  That infection lingered, the dentist
gave two prescriptions of erythromeycin, but that did't completely cure it
- he said your body will have to fight it off.  Well another week passed
and we thought her body had fought it off.  However, it now appears that
the strep infection reappearred in the joints.  Her Dr. just diagnosed the
joint problem and has her erthromeycin again.  It has been two days and she
isn't feeling any better.  Could the problem be malabsorption of teh
medication? or does it take longer for Celiacs to recover?  Or could there
be permanent joint tissue damage?  - she is 61 and was diagnosed and has
been GF since August 98.  Any help is appreciated.

Especially curious about absorption of oral medication.

DAvid and Nancy