Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 07:16:07 -0800

Here are two quoted messages I recived in regards to Sorghum.

"The following is from the booklet "CSA Recipe Collection":-
Sorghum: Sorgo, soreg, or L. syricus. Historically referred to as Syrian
grass. Both the sorghum based syrups and sorghum grains are seen as
acceptable for Celiacs."

"It is a distinct species of grain.  Jowar and milo are other names for
it (my understanding is that jowar is the usual term for it in the
Middle East and milo is the usual name in Africa).  Growing in the
fields, sorghum looks similar to corn (but with a bigger tassel on the
top).  In the US it is mainly used to make molasses and to make feed for
dairy cows and cattle.  The best grades are suitable for baking."

3 to 3 1/2 cups of Sorghum flour make up 1 pound.

Hope this helps someone else like it has helped me.  I thank all who
replied to my posts.

--
From,

Christy Moen