From:
Chris Myer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 20:43:01 EST

Hi everyone

 I posted on the message board and this list and many, many people said
doxycycline was not gluten free.  Some said it was.

 My problem for 3 weeks since I started therapy has been slight upset stomach
first with the soup and then other stuff, but what has been most dreadful was
the headache. I never get headaches so the doctor thought It was the drainage
from my sinusitis, but I have never had a headache everyday like this. It was
horrible it felt like I had bricks on top of my head and seem to get worse
with every dose of the doxycycline. I read that headache is a side effect,
but I rarely react to side effects from meds, so I called the Pharmacy and he
said it rarely happens and is usually only at first as your body is adjusting
to the medicine and soon alleviates.  My headache did not it got worse with
every dose to the point I could not even sleep.

 I stop the doxycycline yesterday and have missed 4 doses now and I feel 100%
better I have no headache it took all day to get relief but now I am headache
free, so I will have to call my doctor tomorrow and report this.  I still do
not know if it is GF but I'd bet my last dollar it isn't. I plan on trying to
find out and I will post results.

C VA