From:
Kathy Hartsock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Hartsock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 20:35:10 -0500

We had a wonderful trip to Disney made even better by the service we got in
several restaurants.  The key is to call the reservation number about 10
days ahead. Let them know who the Celiac is in your party. They will note
it but will also give you the numbers to call the restaurants directly.
Call and ask to talk with the chef. They were all very nice- even called us
back when we left voicemail. The first night we ate at Narcoosee where Chef
Ron greeted me and offered to make me shrimp& lobster over GF pasta.  It
was wonderful! The second night, we ate at Liberty Tavern in Liberty Square
across from the Hall of Presidents. Chef Chris greeted me and told me my
special rolls were baking in the oven! He also made me my own gravy and
served everything separately.  He was very aware of cross- contamination!
Most people get their picture with the characters- mine is with the gravy
boat! On the third day, we visited Animal Kingdom and ate at the Boma
Restaurant in the Lodge there. Chef Ken walked me thru the huge buffet line
and explained everything that I could and couldnot have. Then, he
volunteered to make me anything there that was not already gf. Not
necessary- already too much food!  Plus, he had gf bread for me and made me
chocolate cupcakes for dessert. Had to take them home. At the end of our
meal, Head chef Frank came out to make sure my service was adequate. Wow!
Also ate at L'Cellier in Canada at Epcot. The chef came out and told me
everything that was gf on the menu. Everyplace made me feel special rather
than embarrassed. In the parks, the turkey legs, salads and ice cream kept
me going during the day. I wish restaurants everywhere could be this
knowledgable!  Maybe, someday!