From:
rice cakes etc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 15:57:52 -0400

I wanted to respond to Mark's message to Margery in a different way.

Mark,

You are indeed a well-informed dietician if you know about celiac disease -
you are to be commended.  But, sadly, as Margery wrote, you are the
exception. Please understand how frustrating it is to be a patient in a
huge city hospital & be given the wrong foods to eat even though you have
clearly stated you are celiac. It happens frequently.

If dieticians and doctors were more informed about celiac, a great many of
the posts sent to this listserve would be unnecessary. We get the run
around more often then the care we need from the medical community.

And, it doesn't seem to matter which country we live in; the care for
celiacs seems to be about the same.

So, please, rather than chide Margery for her post, do what you can to
educate fellow dieticians and other medicial practioners.

Helen in Vancouver, BC