From:
Selena Eon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Selena Eon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:51:30 -0700

Hi everyone,

My son is taking a cruise with his father's family starting this weekend. I
am having trouble getting replies from the cruise line's medical help desk
person, and have searched the archives but did not find anything about this
cruise line that was less than 10years old.

I talked to the main reservations, who booked my son as requiring a
gluten-free diet in the computers. The woman I talked to said this request
is becoming more common on cruises, and that I needed to talk to the medical
help desk officer. I emailed this individual, and have been waiting, for
ingredient and menu lists--- but I am running out of time! The same person
who is supposed to answer with the ingredient lists is also supposed to
answer my other questions-- but after almost 3 weeks I am starting to worry.

If you have cruised with them, I'd love to know what your experiences were.
Beyond that, what I'm wondering is:
	Can/Should I pack GF food for my son?
	Does putting him in the reservations as requiring a GF diet mean
that GF breads, etc will be on the ship?
	Can I generally trust the chefs to know what GF means?
	Should I pack the informational brochure I made about the GF diet
for my patients?
	Who should my son and his dad talk to about his diet once they board
the ship?

I am sorry to ask so many questions, he is leaving on Saturday morning and
if we need supplies, I have to buy them very soon.

Kind regards,
Selena Eon, ND
Bellevue, WA
www.drselenaeon.com