From:
Mark Baartse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 1996 18:00:38 +0100

Rosemary Raiche asked about  millet, and I posted her this letter, which she
suggested I share with the group. Incidentally, my reaction was much worse
than I realised when I wrote this letter, basically the 'incident' occured
over a week ago and I am still ill. However I do appreciate that I have
quite a fragile system, other  people may not react so violently.

Dear Art, (yes this is what I wrote - just realised the post was actually
from Rosemary! Sorry Rosemary!)

I too thought millet was ok, and last week when buying ingredients to make
my own GF muesli I got millet flakes, as it is in the commercially prepared
GF muesli mixes. But I had read also that it sometimes causes reactions so I
put a great deal of it in my dinner one night to test it before adding it to
the muesli. My dinner (apart from the millet) was very plain, all stuff that
is definitely ok, but I was sick the next day, pretty much useless (although
not that evening) and the day after that as well. When I say sick I mean,
headache, general brainfogginess, diarrhea, stomach ache, stomach cramps
etc. So I will be staying away from millet from now on!! However my meusli
is great without the millet so I don't mind that much. But it would  have
been nice to have an extra ingredient in my diet. Oh well. Hope this helped!
feel free to ask me any more questions.

Nicola.

Mark Baartse [log in to unmask] ph 0956 965 494
"Was it a millionaire who said imagine no possessions"