From:
"Rebecca W. Buffum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 1997 20:33:03 -0700

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about chewing gum, Trident
in particular. People seemed to feel that it was safe. One woman reported
no problems after 13 years of daily Trident chewing. Two others had also
contacted the company and both felt confident in the information they
received.(That Trident is GF) One was told that the suspicious white powder
on the gum is calcium carbonate.

Also- after bringing up the Modified Food Starch in Swanson's chunk white
chicken, (was told by the company that it is occasionally from wheat) I
noticed that it is only listed on the small 3oz cans. (They usually come in
a pack of three) The regular sized 6oz cans do not list this ingredient.
The info I just received from the Cambell's Company does list the Swanson's
Chunk White Chicken as gluten free. Hmmm... not sure what to make of it but
thought I'd pass it on.
Thanks again for the TRident info- Happy chewing!

Becca Buffum
Fairfax, CA