From:
Bobbie Proctor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 16:58:37 -0400

I got 4 responses to my post about whether or not Nature's Path still
makes the single serving package of their Honeyed Cornflakes.

1 poster (unsigned) called Nature's Path and found that it is indeed
no longer being produced. :-(

1 poster, Michael Jones, suggested I try Kellogg's Corn Pops, which
come in small packages. I've reacted to annatto in the past, but
tried something containing it recently and was fine, so I'll try Pops
again (I think that's what they use for coloring, annatto).

2, Jerri and Mirreille, suggested that I buy larger packages and pack
single servings into plastic containers or baggies.
(Yup, I do that too, but those little packages were so convenient -
never popped open in the suitcase and got crumbs on my clothes, never
left me anything to wash  <Sigh!>) Oh well, they're right - it IS
cheaper.

Another thing I'll miss is the benefit of the commercially labelled
package saying *Gluten Free* right on it, because when I ask for just
milk (and maybe for a bowl) for my home-packed cereal, the waitpersons
give me the fisheye, even after I explain why I'm bringing my own to
the table, and I know they're thinking, Yeah, right - you cheapskate!
It shouldn't bother me, but it does. But when I whipped out the pack
of Nature's Path, they said (usually), Hey, I've never seen that
brand before. They'd get curious, and I can point right to the label
while I explain my situation.

Oh, well. Thanks again to all who responded! This is a great List!
Good luck and good health!

Bobbi in Baltimore