From:
Betty Jodrey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 06:37:59 -0500

Hi contacted Land Of Lakes and received the following reply.

Betty in Ohio

Thank you for visiting the Land O'Lakes web site.  We want to apologize for
the delay in answering your e-mail and appreciate your patience.

Your inquiry was concerning gluten in Land O'Lakes products.  We are not
the direct source of all the ingredients in our products.  We have done the
best that we could to identify all of the ingredients in our products as
required by law.  However, to the best of our knowledge, most of our
natural dairy products such as natural cheese, butter and milk do not
contain gluten.

Thickened products such as chocolate milk, flavored drinks, yogurt, sour
cream, oil-based margarines and spreads and frozen desserts may rarely
include an ingredient that contains gluten.  The source of the modified
food starch and maltodextrins in our sour cream products is corn.  Land
O'Lakes products containing gluten that we are aware of include pasta
products and certain flavors of ice cream (Cookies & Cream and Chocolate
Chip Cookie Dough flavors).

For taking the time to contact us, we are enclosing money-savings coupons
for Land O'Lakes products along with some of our favorite recipes.

Sincerely,
Land O'Lakes Consumer Affairs

Case: 262105