From:
John H Butcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 07:06:14 EDT

Hello Everyone:

I have found the following charity very helpful, informative and has carried
out detailed and extensive research into Celiac and Dermatitis.

The Celiac Society
P O Box 220
High Wyecombe, Bucks.  HP11 2HY

Phone within U K: 01494 437 278
Fax within U K: 01494 474 349
If outside UK country code 44 1494 etc.

They offer a large bound book listing GF foods by supermarket and also a
general category, and a handbook issued each May.  Also addresses and phone
numbers of suppliers of GF foods (incl. various kinds of bread and rolls),
flours, pastas, etc.   Numerous booklets on related subjects and sources.
GF foods I have had from their info are all top quality, well sealed and
nutritious.

If over the age of 60 GF foods can be obtained by prescription from local GP
free of charge on the National Health Service..

As a charity they ask for a donation for their mailing pack, including
extensive listings of GF food sources, booklets, etc.

I take this to mean Pds 5 - Pds 10, or what you can afford.   Well worth
whatever you can afford.

This is worth looking into.

Cheers

John B

PS

Supermarkets such as Tesco and Waitrose offer extensive lists of GF foods -
ask at local supermarket service counter or by phone

JHB