From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 06:32:36 EDT

I called McNeil Consumer Products last week regarding the gf status of
Tylenol.  The representative said that the regular and extra strenthly caplets
have been tested and they are gf.  However, the gelcaps have not been tested
and they cann't guarantee status. Three years ago they told me the gelcaps
were not gf.

Also, I recently bought a Benedryl substitute Wal-dryl 25 at Walgreens. I
talked with a representative and she said they were gf.  These are for
allergies and so the type you would take if you break out in hives, etc.  They
are about one-half the price of Benedryl and they were also on sale.