From:
Scott Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Scott Mandell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:50:26 -0600

NEW PRODUCT!!!

Enjoy Life Foods now has chocolate chips (dairy-free and soy-free) for sale.  Based on customer feedback, we have decided to bag our delicious chocolate chips found in our chocolate chip and double chocolate chip cookies.  Please use promotion code ELFCPN for 75 cents off your purchase, if you buy 2 or more Enjoy Life Foods products.

Great Support Group Opportunity...

Enjoy Life Foods wants to help your support group raise funds. Please call us (Bert) toll-free at 888-50-ENJOY or email us at [log in to unmask] for more details.

Enjoy Life Foods at Biaggi's...

Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano is teaming up with Enjoy Life Foods to offer great tasting gluten-free pasta at its chain of restaurants.  Please see the attached press release or go to www.biaggis.com for a list of restaurants.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE                                                                                                              For more information:

February 13, 2004                                                                                                                       Jill Ruebush, Marketing

                                                                                                                                                                309.664.2148 x20

Biaggi's Offers Choices for Those with Dietary Restrictions

Bloomington, IL -  Biaggi's Ristorante Italiano first opened in early 1999 with a single restaurant and a simple mission: to serve authentic, freshly prepared Italian cuisine, in a warm and friendly environment, with outstanding service and affordable prices. The restaurants have built a broad base of loyal customers, using a combination of authentic, chef-prepared recipes, outstanding service, a refined yet family-friendly atmosphere, and overall affordability by offering a wide range of Italian dishes, including salads, pastas, fresh fish, seafood, steaks, pizza, desserts, and an extensive selection of Italian and American wines. The restaurants update their menus regularly, reflecting the Biaggi's goal of always having something new to offer its customers. One of the more recent changes includes offering substitutions for dietary restrictions. While Biaggi's has always allowed substitutions to cut calories or fat, the restaurants have received requests for other substitutions to help cut carbohydrates and accommodate gluten-free diets. In response, Biaggi's has been substituting side dishes that come with their high protein and low carbohydrate meat and seafood entrees and has partnered with EnJoy Life Foods to offer gluten-free pastas at each of their locations.

Most pastas, breads and baked goods are prohibited for people following low carbohydrate and gluten-free diets. While most people are familiar with the need for low carbohydrate dishes, many are unaware that, according to the Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network, wheat is one of the top eight foods that account for 90% of all food-allergic reactions. Gluten is a protein found in wheat and other grains that causes symptoms such as depression, fatigue, stomach problems, and dizziness in those with intolerances and allergies, and can cause even more severe symptoms in those with Celiac Disease.

According to Biaggi's Executive Chef, Peter Schonman, "Gluten allergies are much more common than I think we realized. Now that we know, we have made sure every Biaggi's restaurant has gluten-free pasta available." Biaggi's in Madison recently hosted an event for 60 and served dishes that were entirely gluten-free, using the new pasta and other gluten-free products. Schonman continued, saying, "Our chefs can make substitutions to accommodate most dietary restrictions. As people continuously become more health-conscious, we will continue to find solutions to accommodate them."

Serving lunch and dinner daily, Biaggi's currently has restaurants in Colorado Springs, CO; Davenport, IA; Cedar Rapids, IA; West Des Moines, IA; Eden Prairie, MN; Cary, NC; Omaha, NE; Victor, NY; Evansville, IN; Fort Wayne, IN; Madison, WI; Deer Park, IL; Champaign, IL; and Bloomington, IL. The company's headquarters are in Bloomington, IL.

Enjoy Life Foods' products are made in a dedicated gluten- and nut-free bakery and contain NO: wheat, gluten, dairy, casein, eggs, soy, or nuts. They're all natural, non-GMO and kosher...and very, very yummy.