From:
Margaret Steele <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 18:13:15 +1000

Dear Listmembers

I am wondering if there could be a connection between being a non gluten
free coeliac and being unable to carry a child.

My daughter had one child two years ago. About six/seven  months ago blood
tests indicated she might be coeliac. She became pregnant while waiting for
the biopsy, postponed the biopsy, and had a miscarriage at 17 weeks. She
became pregnant again soon after and has just had another miscarriage at 8
weeks.

I told her I would put the question to the list.

Thanks for any shared thoughts and experiences.

She will be seeing her doctor on Monday, and a gynacologist soon after. I
would like her to confirm her coeliac status before attempting another
pregnancy, but it is not my decision.

 Thanks
Margaret