From:
Jean Meagley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jean Meagley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2008 12:54:47 -0500

This is the reply I received after sending an email to Bravo Cucina Italiana,
concerning the absence of any gluten free listings/mention on their new menus
that I received via email:

Jean,
My name is Matthew Harding and I am the Corporate Chef for Bravo Cucina
Italiana. Lisa had passed your request on to me and I do apologize that
we were not able to provide certified gluten free options for you and I
can understand your frustration.
    In researching our menu to find out what gluten free items we
could produce for guests on request we were faced with multiple hurdles.
First was making sure all the items that are gluten free actually are.
We found that in many prepared items like Mustard they source components
from all parts of the world versus one specific grower and won't
guarantee that it is gluten free from one production run to the next.
Second and more importantly we want to make sure the foods that we serve
our guests are safe, safe from bacteria and pathogens and in this case,
safe from cross contamination of items containing gluten with items that
don't contain gluten.
    Again, I personally apologize and if I can be of any further
service to you please feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask]

                        Respectfully,
                        Matthew Harding
                        Corporate Chef

Lisa Gillenwater