From:
Linda Ritter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 21:19:37 +0000

Earlier this month I asked if there is an ideal bread machine which would
make perfect GF bread.

It seems there is no ideal bread machine.  Any machine mixing well, and of
appropriate shape (round or square preferred) can be used.  It is better if
the cycles can be adapted for one rise or if there is a dough only and bake
only cycle.

Otherwise bread problems seem to be adapting recipes to each bread machine.
Each bread machine has its own cycle and the recipies may not be
transferrable between machines without some adapting.

My problem was bread rising well but falling when baking.  The suggestions
were mostly less yeast which did help the bread from rising too much but now
I don't have quite enough.  It just takes trial and error to get each
machine working with the ingredients normally used in it.   Also the
ascorbic acid was suggested to aid in rising of bread.  It is available in
many possible sources (vitamin C) includint the Gluten-Free Pantry.
I am so happy to get bread out of the machine, especially now it is improving.

THANKS TO ALL

Linda Ritter
St. Louis, MO