From:
"J. Murray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 1994 15:03:26 -0600

It is certainly possible for crohn's patient to have certain foods worsen
their symptoms.  Crohn's disease may be almost indistinguishable from
celiac disease in certain circumstances and may even occur in the same
patient. certainly it is preferable to have celiac disease as its
treatment is more sucessful than crohn's.  CD has been diagnosed in some
patients mistakenly diagnosed as Crohn's disease.  Gastroenterologists
tend to be more aware of crohn's disease than of CD and there may be a
familiarity-bias involved.  Joe Murray