From:
scott adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 22:00:21 -0800

Hello everyone,

Recently there have been several posts regarding the safety of beer.
According to one post, some beers test negative using the gluten-free test
kit available from the Gluten-Free Pantry. I assume the kit is able to
detect the harmful Gliadin, Secalinin and Hordein prolamines, but I've not
read anything specific about the test kit. Assuming it can, and that the
brewing and filtering processes eliminate these proteins, the next question
is whether or not any smaller particles remain in the beer which could also
cause damage to celiacs. Since these proteins are strings or 20 or so
molocules, it could be possible that pieces of the original harmful molocule
might also be harmful. Are there any sensitive celiacs out there who have
tried the beers which were tested (Negro Modelo, Samual Adams and
Budweiser)? If so, did you have any problems? Does anyone know more about
this? Etc., etc...

Could anyone who responds to this message please send a copy directly to me
<[log in to unmask]>? I get the edited version of the Listserv, and I want to
be sure I get the information.

Thanks in advance!

Scott Adams - San Francisco, USA
Celiac Disease Website: