From:
CJLydick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:55:25 -0400

Perhaps I am not clear about the new laws that will take place in a few
months about food allergy labeling.  Wasn't one of the stipulations that if
something was made on a shared line with one of the top 8 allergic foods, it
had to be declared?  I know some of the companies have labels that reveal
information when foods are made on a shared line with wheat or one of the
other 8 allergic foods.

Recently I was disappointed to know that Lundberg Rice Cakes are made on a
shared line with peanut products and it is not listed.  So many people with
celiac have other food intolerances.  Does anyone know the actual 2006 law
about this?

Thanks, Carol in NJ