From:
Jami Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jami Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2012 17:44:27 -0700

I received many replies to my dry skin question.  I tried some, but with no
luck.  I may end up using Olive oil after all.

I use:  Love Your Face by Indian Meadow Herbals.  It comes in organic
and non-organic.  No preservatives or chemicals.  I order it online
since Whole Foods doesn't carry it anymore.  It's not cheap but a
small jar lasts me at least 6 months and maybe 8 depending on how much I use

Cleopatra used olive oil to have soft skin. It is working well for many
woman; I know.
 It is gluten free. effective and inexpensive. After few ninnutes, dry your
face with paper towel.

CeraVe, can get it at walmart...my dermatologist has me using it

I really like DermaE products and the Weleda Cold Cream is awesome for dry
facial skin.  I, too, have really dry skin and the Weleda Cold Cream works
wonders.  It smells good, it alleviates dry skin, and makes it feel so soft.

I love Origins. Someone recommended it to be when I had a bad rash from any
thing I tried.  Look on line.  You might be able to get a free mini facial.

I use Weleda "Skin Food." it is heavy, but works well on my extra dry and
sensitive skin. I get it at whole foods.

I have been using this
http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=359945&catid=182939&aid=338666&aparam=359945.
   Neutrogenia microderm - the $20 one.  I got a $5 coupon on the
Neutrogenia website.  I think it helps.  I also use Cerave.  I confirmed
with them recently that all of thier products are gf.

 love Soignee Anti-Wrinkle Day Crème. It's gluten free. Their night cream
works great, but it's too strong of a scent/highly perfumed, for me.

Use the Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Crème.  It's great.

I use Arbonne which is gluten free and works.

Himalaya at Whole Foods in Reston

I have actually been using a lotion that is for the body on my face for
years and it's great for dry skin.  Cetaphil DailyAdvance Lotion Ultra
Hydrating For Dry, Sensitive Skin.  It comes in a tube.  It is very
moisturizing and never causes breakouts.  For a cleanser I use CeraVe
Foaming Facial Cleanser for normal to oily skin.  I do not usually buy
anything for normal or oily skin,  but I tried it once at a friends and was
hooked.  Leaves your skin clean but never tight.  I tried the one for dry
skin and did not like it.  The two together are great for dry sensitive
skin.  Both are very reasonably priced and available in any drugstore.
They are also gluten free.  Hope this is of some help to you.

I have not tried the face lotion, but I have been using the eye cream
available at the Gluten Free Mall (online) called "Keys eye butter".
It is the most moisturizing eye cream I have ever tried. I want to
order the lotion next time I have to order the eye cream to try it as
well. It has some good reviews on the Gluten Free Mall's site. They
are both a bit pricy, but you probably get what you pay for.

I have very, very dry skin that is very sensitive and I love this product:
Derma E, Pycnogenol Moisturizing Creme, Fragrance Free
http://www.iherb.com/Derma-E-Pycnogenol-Moisturizing-Creme-Fragrance-Free-2-oz-56-g/6371?at=0

Love buying from iHerb too--has a much cheaper price than my local stores
(first-time buyers can get $5 off--see iHerb offers). This cream doesn't
clog my pores and is lovely under my foundation--not greasy at all. I know
everyone's skin is different, but this one works so well for me.

Depends on what time of the day you can use...
For years I have been using Aquaphor, but it is very heavy...it is the
original pharmaceutical base for ointments, and I started using it 55 years
ago at night...works wonders.
A more civilized cream, organic, is the German product by lavera in their
Naturkosmetik line, called Basis Sensitive "Phlegecreme" with jojoba and
organic shea butter.  But may be hard to get.
Shea butter, organic and brought to market without chemicals (you have to
watch out for that) works wonders, but can be heavy.
Read ingredients...the fewer the better, preferably without chemicals as
far as possible, which is why Aquaphor (or a lighter product  in the same
company's Eucerin line) may work ...