From:
Kelly LeMonds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly LeMonds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 21:42:51 -0500

I was talking to a celiac friend about an earlier post regarding McDonald's re-using their grease from one fryer to another.  She called McDonald's to find out the following information.  Of course every restaurant may be different so ALWAYS CHECK FOR YOURSELF!

I just spoke with Mattie at McDonalds customer service, 1-800-244-6227. I was told that the only time they empty the friers is to clean them. At night the friers are covered, not emptied until cleaning time.  The oil is disposed and not poured back. Mixing the oil would defeat the purpose of having separate friers.  Maybe someone saw them filling the friers with new oil because they had been cleaned?

Also, I was told by one of the mangaers at another McDonalds in Frisco, Texas that they use a separate bread toaster and not the grill for their buns, and they use a separate grill for chicken and beef.

Thanks,
Kelly LeMonds
ROCK Chapter Leader, Wylie, Texas