From:
Irma R DeBruyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Feb 1998 06:21:19 -0500

A while ago I sent a message asking about the gluten free status of
FRUITRIM, a sweetener. One cereal manufacturer had stated that it was used
by Pamela's Products in some of her cookies.

Pamela Guisto-Sorrells of Pamela's Products has
has mailed me a copy of a fax sent to her by Fred Greenland, President of
Advanced Ingredients, the company that manufactures FRUITRIM. He states
that," ....all products produced by this company (i.e. FruitSource
Sweetener & Fat Replacer, EnergySmart and FRUITRIM) are gluten free."

An earlier phone conversation with the food technologist who works with
the company had also reassured me as to the gluten free status of these
products, but I was waiting for written confirmation before I posted to
the list

Pamela's Products does not list the Trademarked name, but lists it as its
ingredients, grape juice and rice syrup in some of its cookies.

All of the names are trademarked.

The company Advanced Ingredients is in Capitola, California.

Irma in Mass-