From:
Kelly Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 05:39:55 -0500

I'm hoping to get some advice from those of you that have experienced
similar signs and symptoms.  First of all, my son was just diagnoses
with Celiac this summer.  I had blood tests done which did not show
any abnormalities.  I'm aware that blood tests are not necessarily
conclusive, but I don't have any digestive issues so I wasn't
concerned that I have it.

I'm currently 7 months pregnant with my third child.  I'm having
incredible side/rib pains that is much, much worse than with my first
two pregnancies.  My doctor and a physical therapist don't have an
answer for this pain.  The only other thing I notice is that during
pregnancy the skin on my hands is extremely dry, cracks, and bleeds
regardless of how much lotion I use.

Due to my son's recent diagnosis, my doctor suggested I try a gluten
free diet.  I'll gladly try it to see if the side/rib pain goes away.
Has anyone else had these issues?  Have you had symptoms only during
pregnancy that may have gone away after pregnancy?  Is it possible to
be gluten sensitive just during pregnancy?  Any thoughts or advice
that you have would be greatly appreciated.
Kelly