From:
Barbara Carlozzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 18:31:54 -0500

Hi,

Our local WalMart has been carrying fresh beef and pork from a supplier
who adds some solution with undisclosed ingredients. Despite repeated
contacts with our local manager (who seems very cooperative), the meat
supplier has continually failed to provide a list of the "secret"
ingredients. I contacted the Food and Drug Administration and was told
that the ingredients must be disclosed except that it was acceptable to
just say spices or flavorings without disclosing the exact spices and
flavorings. I've been trying for at least two months now and have given
up on getting any information from either our local store or from the
meat supplier. As a result I am avoiding all fresh beef and pork from
WalMart.Have any of you had similar experiences and found a way to get
the company to reveal the ingredients?

I will summarize your responses.

Barbara in OK