From:
Shane or Amy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Aug 1997 21:30:37 +0000

Carol wrote about that awkward moment during communion when the
communion server looks at you funny because you'll take the wine and not
the bread.

In our church, we all go down to the communion railing, where we're
served by the same group of folks every month. I'm good friends with the
pastor's wife, who helps at communion, and she's made a point of telling
others during communion planning not to question people who refuse one
element or another, because that would be doing them an unkindness at a
point in the service where we are all being reconciled from offenses!

BTW, my refusals always reminds her of our condition and she comes and
prays that the Lord would do a creative work in our genetics so our
bodies would someday begin to produce what we need in order to digest
gluten! She feels that if God could create Adam from dust, how hard
could it be to tweak some genes? :-)

Hope this helps, Amy A.
mailto:[log in to unmask]