From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 18:38:32 -0700

Hi,

We are having a problem with our 8 year old boy asking other children for
gluten containing foods from their lunches.  For example, yesterday he got a
chocolate chip cookie.

This concerns me for several reasons, the most serious being the physical
damage he is causing to himself, and the others being the effects the gluten
has on his learning and on his behavior. He has ADHD and a mood disorder.

He not only has Celiac Disease, but several allergies/intolerances as well.
Some of them are chocolate, legumes, citric acid, milk, bananas, rice, and
cherries.

I do my best to pack him lunches with variety and many choices.  I am going
to learn how to bake bread and cookies with alternative flours like sorghum.

Any suggestions on how to handle this problem from dealing with his sneaking
to ideas for lunches to recipes that I might try?

Thank you.

Sue