Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2008 21:12:19 -0400

I received many responses to my post regarding Mary Kay cosmetics.
Several people said they use the blush and foundation with no problem,
but to stay away from the lipstick and concealer.

Since the responses were so varied and the website was not at all helpful,
I contacted the consultant who sent information on which ingredients
may contain gluten. They do not have a specific gluten free list. However
the following ingredients may contain gluten and should be avoided:

•      Alcohol

•      Alcohol Denat,

=       Averts
Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract

•      Dextrins (e.g, Malfodextrin)

•      Flavor

•   Gliedin

=   Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil

•      Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein

•      Hydmlyzed Wheat Protein Hydrexypropyl Polysiloxene

•      Oat Flour

Wheat Amino
Acids

Additional
Ingredient Information:

For some individuals, the following types of ingredients
may also need to be avoided,

,     Colorants: May utilize a grain ingredient in the
manufacturing process.

•      Citric Acid: May utilize a grain ingredient in the manufacturing
process.

•      Glycsride, Digiyceride, and Triglyceride
Ingredients: May contain a potsntielly wheat-related

 ca~ohydrate chain used as a binding substance in
their preparation.

Each individual product 's packaging must be examined for any of the above ingredients.

Joan in IL

*******
*******