From:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dawn Dutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 14:09:10 -0500

I just want to share the products & restaurant that helped make our
holidays (both Thanksgiving and Christmas) a wonderful gf success this
year!

PIES BY MARIA - http://piesbymaria.com/prod03.htm
48 Austin Street, Norwood MA 02062
(781) 440-0875
They are located south of Boston just off of Rte 95.  Between the two
holidays we had 8 pies from them.  They were delicious - just like Mom
used to make!!  The non-celiacs enjoyed the pies just as much as my
sister and I did (the only two diagnosed celiacs in the family).  The
fillings are spectacular - all fresh or fresh/frozen ingredients.  The
crust tastes wonderful; they are baked in glass pie pans to improve
their flavor.  In my humble opinion, the crusts taste much better when
they are very thin.  I don't know if it's possible to request a thin
crust, but it is worth a try.

STERK'S BAKERY -
3866 23rd Street, Jordan Ontario (Canada) LOR 1SO (905) 562-3086
Specializing in Gluten Free Products  * Bread, Buns, Bagels, Pizza and
More* All GF
We used their bread to make stuffing for Thanksgiving.  It was very good
- much better than the gf stuffing we made last year.  I have eaten
their raison bread every morning since Thanksgiving - also very good.

CURLY'S BAR & GRILL - http://www.curlysgrill.com/dinnermenu.php3
Reservations: (716)-824-9716
647 Ridge Road • Lackawanna, New York 14218
Directions:  Conveniently located in the heart of Lackawanna just blocks
from Our Lady of Victory Basilica and the Erie County Botanical Gardens.
1.5 miles east from Rt. 5, or just 2.5 miles west of exit 55 off the
I-90

This restaurant has the cozy feel of a typical Buffalo bar-restaurant.
But, the food is anything but Chicken Wings and Beef on Weck - it is
gourmet quality!  The menu has a large number of GF menu items.  The
staff is *very* knowledgeable about celiac and the gluten-free diet.
When they put an order into the computer, the waiter can mark it as GF.
The kitchen is fully set up to ensure that the correct salads and sides,
as well as entrée prep are all gluten free.  It was a delicious and
stress free experience.  I had Sea Bass with spicy pecan topping.  My
sister had Wolf-Fit Chicken.  The entire table shared a GF pizza as an
appetizer.  The pizza had the best gf pizza crust I have ever tasted.
They have GF desserts, but no one had room to give them a try.