From:
"Southworth, Teigh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 15:17:41 -0400

Sorry for the delay in posting I was hoping to get more responses for
recipes than requests to summarize.

The first three are from cookbooks:

Carol Fenster has a recipe for chili sauce in her book "Special Diet
Solutions."  Yields about a pint, about 1.5 hours to cook.

Making Pickles, Jams & More by Andrea Chesman  (Williamson Publishing,
Charlotte VT  05445  Nov. 1986)  (This book also has a great "Tomato
Catsup" recipe in it that  taste more like a barbacue sauce.)  Yields 5
quarts, about 4 hours to cook.

'Mustards, Ketchups & Vinegars' by Carol Costenbader, Storey
Communications, Pownal, Vermont.  Yields 6 quarts?, about 4 hours to
cook.

The next I have tried and it is good and quick, but a bit sweet:
I make a sauce and it will sound disgusting to you but it is really good!
Very easy also.
Get a 1lb. jar of grape GF jelly, 1 cup of ketchup, and a little chilli
powder to make it a little spicer.
Mix together and that is it.  I use it on the little smokies wieners and
everyone loves it!  When they ask what the sauce is and I tell them they
can't believe it.  Try it and you might just like it!  At least it is
GF.  Good luck.  Susan

If you don't want to cook (although $4.20 seems a little steep):
I just read about your request about a chili sauce source.  I have a
phone number for MR. SPICE in Warwick, RI, USA. 1-800-728-2348 or
401-463-7478.  The order blank I have does not show a chili sauce but it
does show several other sauces.  Maybe they could direct you to another
source.
Just found another order form.  Dietary Specialties, 1-800-544-0099 Item
#1358, Mother's Mountain Chili Sauce 9 oz jar $4.20  Good luck.
Other suggestions:
I don't know if it would help, but there is a gluten free enchilada
sauce recipe in Bette Hagman's book "The Gluten Free Gourmet Cooks Fast
and Healthy."
Here's a celiac support group site that lists some brandname chili
seasonings that you could probably add to Hunt's tomato sauce.  Also
Hormel's list a regular Hormel Chili w/beans.  The site address is:
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html
<http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/gf-index.html>

Remember:  STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS.
Teigh, Vermont, USA