From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 18:36:44 EST

I thought I put it out on the list. Guess I just sent it to the person who
asked. There is a company in Brooklyn called Ba-Tampte. They make the most
delicious half-sour pickles that have no vinegar...just water, salt, garlic
and spices. The only address on the jar is Ba-Tampte Pickle Products, Inc.,
Brooklyn, NY 11236. Brooklyn is pretty big and that address may not be enough.
I never wrote to them, but I also don't get sick from them either....and my
whole family loves them.

Shoot! I got pickle juice all over my hands just now trying to read the jar
and type at the same time. Good thing I didn't get it on the keyboard!
Oh...You find the pickles in the refrigerated section of a supermarket, where
they would carry cold cuts from kosher companies like Hebrew National and
Shofar. Also....I never called Shofar to verify gf, but their knockwursts and
franks are made with hydrolized soy protein not wheat. Hebrew National has
wheat in their frankfurter products. Shofar tastes just as good. Address:
Shofar Kosher Foods, Linden, NJ 07036.

Enjoy! Linda Goldkrantz