From:
Celiac Baby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 21:59:11 -0700

For $20 you can get a packet of research about our kids.  Houston
Celiac-Sprue Support Group, 11011 Chevy Chase, Houston, TX  77042-2606

CSA/USA Inc. P.O. Box 31700, Omaha, NE 68131 71 pg commercial product
list with lost of baby stuff.  $8.00

It seems quite important to have the biopsy done for our children, to
insure long term care.

Symptoms reported in children:  hyperactivity, stomach problems, sinus
infection, ear infection, diarrhea, lack of growth, rashes,

Supplements:  multi vitamin, fish oil, vit C, calcium magnesium,

Time for diagnosis to take place with sickness starting early in the
90's:  2 1/2, 13mo, 19mo,

Time for diagnosis in the 60's:  only after 2 weeks stay in the
hospital (person in 30's)

Breastfeeding thought presented:  glutens from grains eaten by the cow
can be present in cows milk, possible to also be in human milk.

Baby foods: (No Heinz baby cereals are gf) Pedialyte, Poly-vi-sol,
Isomil

Toddler foods: cut grapes, cheese, prunes, figs, cucumbers, zucchini,
chicken marinated in lemon & orange juice with herbs & garlic, gf
muffins with apple sauce instead of oil, peanut butter, chick peas or
kidney beans out of the can, cream cheese, garlic mashed potatoes in
little balls, yogurt popsicles, frozen banana rolled in ground sesame
seed paste and honey mixture, snack tray from an ice cube holder, eggs
with grated cheese, avocado, gf pasta, hard boiled eggs, baked
potatoes, yogurt, Bette Hagman's vanilla wafer for teething, cream of
rice, banana pancakes (1 banana, 1 egg~beat & fry), corn tortillas,
rice cakes, american cheese slices, jello

Food to order:  Gluten free pantry 800-291-8386
Bette Hagmans Cookbooks are well liked,
Notice:  Take care of meds & toys that they are gf. Try goats milk; I
did, yuck it tastes really bad! :(
Stay away from processed foods

==
[log in to unmask]    Utah