Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 00:52:47 -0500

Right, the neuropathy is a symptom of diabetes.  HOWEVER, people with really
bad celiac disease over a period of many years have almost every imaginable
symptom at one time or another.  My peripheral neuropathy faded away after
about two months on the gluten free diet.

Because of my symptoms my doctor was just sure I was diabetic.  She kept
testing me until it was obvious she would have to give up and admit that
diabetes was NOT one of my problems.

Of course Gus should let himself be tested for diabetes, but a new look at
the contents labels on all the foods he habitually eats might be helpful,
also.

Patty (San Francisco)