From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 18:12:31 -0700

I have been in a blissfully cheery mood since going completely GF/CF
three weeks ago.  I've never enjoyed such a prolonged period of good
cheer, calm & good focus.  But, last evening, a couple of hours after
eating a very normal GF/CF dinner, my son gave me some salted roasted
pitaschio nuts, the natural kind, not dyed green or red.  I enjoyed a
couple of fist fulls.  About 20 minutes later I developed gastric pain so
I took a dose of Alka Seltzer Gold.  Then a little while later I began to
feel hostile & angry for no reason.  I've felt irritable & confused
since.  There are things I have needed to get done today, but I'm such a
total wreck, I can hardly focus enough to even type this e-mail.  I don't
get diarrhea from gluten, so I can't tell if it's gluten or not.  My
usual reaction to gluten is depression.  Any opinions as to what's
happening to me?  Gluten contamination in roasted nuts?  Food allergies?
Any opinions?  Any similar experiences with nuts?    ~Valerie in Tacoma,
WA