From:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Goldkrantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 2010 10:17:22 -0500

Never made turkey meatballs (never had them), but this recipe was in local paper and it's really simple. No egg. No filler. No diced onion (which I use in my regular meatballs).

Recipe says it makes enough for 4 people, but it's for light entertaining, and the assumption is other food will be available.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix one pound ground turkey with one quarter tsp each...garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt (too salty for me), pepper, and celery flakes (I hate celery flakes, but would use parsley and oregano instead. You probably can really do whatever you want with the spices and herbs as long as you don't overdo it.)

Make 1 inch meatballs. Roll in hands until they hold together.  Place in oven-safe 7x11 pan (or similar) that has been coated with non-stick spray.
Dust tops with paprika. Dust again when you flip the balls over.
Bake in oven for about  30 minutes, flipping them over after 15 minutes.

Recipe recommends serving on sandwich rolls with plenty of ketchup, with a cucumber salad on the side, but that's up to the chef.  Since I haven't run into really good gf sandwich rolls, and there was no recipe for cucumber salad (easy enough to find), I'd recommend being creative.