From:
Lauren Sarantou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 10:49:06 +0900

I'm sorry this has taken so long.  You've probably forgotten I even
asked the question by now!

I originally posted a message saying that I thought perhaps the coeliac
list wasn't where I should be looking and asked if anyone knew of a
list dealing with food intolerances or allergies.

I was amazed at the responses I received.  All of them were so
supportive and informative, and even people who didn't have an answer
wrote to voice their support.  That meant so much to me as here in
Japan I have no support at all and sometimes feel as if I'm stumbling
around in the dark.  So thankyou to all of you who responded.  I tried
to reply personally but I changed computers and e-mail was all over the
place so please forgive me if you did not receive a reply.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to summarise but I'll give it a
go:

The following mailing lists and web sites were suggested:

* http://gfcf.com (gluten free, casein free)

* http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/celiac.html

* http://www.egroups.com/group/Eosinophilgastro-Adult

* http://www.ozemail.com.au/~sdengate (food allergies/elimination diet)

* http://www.egroups.com/files/POFAK/ (food allergies)

* http://www.celiac.com/

* http://www.healthy.net/library/articles/galland/Leakygut.htm

* when I joined POFAK I received a long list of links that might be of
interest. It's huge so if anyone wants it contact me and I'll send it
directly.

I also received loads of helpful advice including:

*blood tests aren't always reliable

*keep a food diary recording foods eaten and responses

*don't rule out coeliac disease just because symptoms are mild

*changing the diet of a child is almost always easier than changing the
diet of an adult

*often people crave the food they are intolerant/allergic to (is this
also the case with coeliacs?)

*Bio-Energetic Stress Tests may help detect allergies

*a brilliant 'newbie' letter from Vance that contained so much helpful
advice I can't list it here

Thankyou again to all those who wrote sharing their experiences and
offering support.  You've made such a difference.

Lauren