From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 11:23:16 -0500

Warren Anderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Don't forget the "becoming engaged to be married" trigger factor in men.
>I met several men in a support group meeting.  The onset of Celiac
>symptoms in all of us seemed to be well correlated to our engagements.
>Coincidence?  Who knows...

I see that Dr. Murray did not include stress in his list. However, in The
Celiac ActionLine, Fact Sheet (posted to the list on 18 Nov 1994) it does
mention severe emotional stress:

  Celiac disease is an inherited  illness with the genes  responsible
  for it being present throughout life.  The onset of the disease has
  no age  restriction  but  there  are  many  hypotheses  related  to
  possible causative factors.  In some adults, symptoms leading to  a
  diagnosis of  Celiac disease  have been  observed to  appear  after
  severe emotional  stress, a  pregnancy, an  operation, or  a  viral
  infection.

Don Wiss.