From:
John Stang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 07:47:08 -0500

       Several prompt replies may be collated as follows:

1.  I believe Kraft Singles are verboten ...  My [admittedly stale] list of
GF Kraft items -- sent to me 4/98 -- only lists Kraft Natural Cheddar Cheese
[extra sharp, sharp, medium, mild] under the "cheese" section ....

Personally, I'm boycotting them as their polly-o "100% pure
mozzarella" and "pure" ricotta both have [unlabeled] vinegar
in 'em  ...

Anyhoo, like I said, the list I have is rather old ... but thought
I'd chip my two cents in, in case you were having a
Snack Emergency... :)

2.  It doesn't show up in my "CSA Cooperative GF Commercial Prods Listing."
Nothing from Kraft does in the cheese section. So I assume Kraft is not GF.

3.  Kraft snail-mailed me their "LIST OF KRAFT PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT CONTAIN
SOURCES OF GLUTEN".  The only cheeses on their list are their natural cheeses
(brick style)-- Kraft Natural Cheddar Cheese (Extra Sharp, Sharp, Medium,
Mild).

Kraft Singles are NOT on their list.  Sorry...

4.  Kraft only says their natural cheese slices are GF, so even though the
singles might not have anything bad in the ingredient list, Kraft will not
say they are GF.

5.  Dear Dr.  Forget Kraft, haven't heard much about it.  Buy Land o lakes
this is perfectly safe and delicious.  And melts good on g/f bread.
______________

Many thanks to those who made these efficient replies.

JMS

John M. Stang, M.D.
Powelson Professor of Medicine
Office of Academic Services for Medical Education
B-013 Grant Graves Hall
333 West Tenth Avenue
The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health
Columbus, Ohio  43210-1239
(614) 292-1912  FAX  -0745
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]