Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:32:02 -0500

La Paz Restaurante (Non-traditional Mexican)
10 Biltmore Plaza (Biltmore Village)
Asheville, NC 28803
Phone: (828) 277-8779
Our support group worked with the manager to pull items
that were naturally gluten-free to create a gluten-free
menu.  Small changes were made in the kitchen so that there
would be no cross-contamination. The menu is good and they
are very accommodating! Enjoy!!

Laughing Seed Café (International Vegetarian Cuisine)
40 Wall St, Asheville, NC  28801
Phone:  (828) 252-3445
www.laughingseed.com
Not to be overlooked is the wonderful Laughing Seed
Restaurant on Wall Street, near the Grove Arcade in
downtown Asheville.  Since the menu is entirely vegetarian,
there are dishes which are clearly gluten-free, such as the
satisfying Harmony Bowl and Greek Salad.  Staff is willing
and helpful.

They always have several GF entrees and are very
knowledgeable and sensitive to GF needs. Bring your own
wheat-free tamari sauce.

Belaggio Bistro (Greek & Italian)
133 Weaverville Hwy., Asheville, NC  28804
Phone: (828) 658-9700
The owners are unfamiliar with "gluten-free", but were most
accommodating, cooking our chicken (gf-marinated) in a
separate pan, so as to protect it from cross-contamination
with other dishes.

Old Europe Coffee House
18 Battery Park Ave, Asheville, NC  28801
Phone:  (828) 252-0001
This is one of Asheville's best kept secrets:  a real
Hungarian pastry shop.  Since it is European, lo and behold
they usually have at least 3 or 4 unbelievably scrumptious
GF desserts (yes, they know the terms!)  For those who
occasionally indulge in such treats, much pleasure can be
enjoyed.

Bouchon
62 Lexington Ave, Asheville, NC  28801
Phone:  (828) 350-1140
I stopped by a couple days ahead and spoke with Michel,
owner & chef.  He was delightfully cordial and
understanding and knowledgeable about gluten-free diets.
 We also required vegetarian entree as well.  The dinners
were delicious.  Would suggest one bring their own GF
bread/crackers to enjoy with GF appetizers.

Charlotte Street Grill
157 Charlotte St., Asheville, NC 28804
Phone: (828) 253-5348
www.charlottestreetgrill.com
I've called ahead for reservations and Vegetarian-GF entree
3 times.
Each time it has been the same meal...Portabello Stack with
roasted
vegetables.  Very good but would like more selection.  Of
course if I
were not vegetarian there would be more choices.

Doc Chey’s Noodle House
37 Biltmore Avenue
Asheville, NC 28801
Phone: (828) 252-8220
http://www.doccheys.com/asheville .html
I went to Doc Chey's the other night for dinner (Asian
Kitchen).   The
wait staff was very knowledgeable about Celiac and GF
issues and knew what on their menu I could and could not
have.  Also they do make some "special dishes."  Like stuff
with just salmon/chicken with stir fried vegetables and no
GF issues.  I recommend the restaurant highly.

China Palace Restaurant South
1378 Hendersonville Rd., Asheville, NC  28803
Phone:  (828) 277-0108
Must make Patrick, the owner, aware that you are a Celiac.

Jae Restaurant (Thai)
70 Westgate Parkway, Asheville, NC  28806
Phone:  (828) 281-4155
The Jae Restaurant does not have a GF menu but they know
what to do if asked. They made a copy of my restaurant card
and one of their employees is (or was) gluten intolerant.

Southside Café
1800 Hendersonville Road
Asheville NC 28803
(Dinglecreek shopping center)
(828) 274-4412
Email Lance (owner) of your situation and he will take care
of you by preparing something special if the choices on the
menu are limited.  He can get the chef to alter several
dishes as well.  Always good and open for Sunday brunch,
lunch and dinner.