From:
lamentruder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
lamentruder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 May 2007 12:36:40 -0400

Fellow Celiacs:

I'm posting this for a colleague....Bay Staters may be interested in raising
awareness for food intolerances.--Leslie

Hello Friend,

I am reaching out to you today in my role as volunteer co-chair for the 2007
Walk for Food Allergy in San Francisco.  My daughter, Hannah, who will be
seven years old in May, has several food allergies, including a
life-threatening allergy to dairy, peanuts, and several tree nuts.  Ever
since she was 15 months old, food allergies has been an important concern
for us.

The Walk for Food Allergy in San Francisco is being hosted by the national
non-profit organization, The Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network (FAAN).  The
Walk for Food Allergy in San Francisco is focused on raising public
awareness and supporting the mission of FAAN.  I invite you to join me in
this wonderful opportunity to help educate, build awareness, and fund
research to improve the health of millions of people affected by food
allergies.

 San Francisco is one of 20 U.S. cities hosting a FAAN Walk for Food Allergy
this year.

*     The FAAN Walk for Food Allergy will take place on Saturday, September
15, 2007 at the Music Concourse in Golden Gate Park.

*     The Walk for Food Allergy in San Francisco is the First Annual Event
for the Bay Area.

*     Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has endorsed FAAN's work in observance
of Food Allergy Awareness Week.

*     Hundreds of local residents are expected to walk with family teams,
company teams, or as individuals

*     The event is already drawing interest from people as far as Sacramento
and Reno, NV.

We are seeking sponsorships at the levels ranging from $100 to $10,000 for
the FAAN Walk for Food Allergy in San Francisco:

Alternatively, if you prefer, there is a sponsorship commitment form on the
Internet.  The link is http://www.foodallergy.org/sponsorship_form.php.

I hope we can count on your support of this worthy cause, which affects many
of the children and adults in our community.  Thank you for your time and
consideration.

Best Regards,

Lynda Taschek

Co-Chair